Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Swwet Sorrow - Chapter Two

Hi Guys, since i have finished the second chapter ahead the schedule...so m publishing it for you guys...stay tune the third chapter....leave your comments please....happy reading and thank you.

Sweet Sorrow - Chapter Two


“Hello Joseph, I need to talk to you immediately. Please return my call once you got this message.” Lydia left a voice message on Joseph’s mobile as he couldn’t be reached. Lydia sound so desperate to meet and talk with Joseph. She spent a sleepless night the day before. Something is bothering her and she really needs Joseph by her side now. Lydia could not stay focused on her job, thus she came back home on a half day leave. She bought some cookies, her favorite chocolate cookies on her way. Lydia, although owns a car but she seldom uses them. She prefers to travel on LRT to her work place since it’s more convenient and cost saving. Lydia will only consider driving when its rains.

After biting some of the cookies, she kept the remaining in the fridge and grabbed a bottle of iced lemon tea and headed into her room. None of her housemates were around today. They were working. She switched on the television in her room and muted it. She took her mobile from her brown with yellow and black striped handbag, the one that she bought in Bangkok some years ago and started to browse through it. She sent sms to Reena, her associate in her company informing her that she might not be coming to work tomorrow. Lydia then put aside the mobile and took the iced lemon tea while her another hand unmute the television using a remote controller. Suddenly her phone rings. It was a message tone. She received a reply message from Reena.

Dear Lydia, you better take care of yourself. Don’t worry much about the workload. I will manage. Just take rest and see you on Monday.

Lydia smiled unwantedly after reading the message. Before she could put away the mobile, the mobile vibrates harder. It’s Joseph. Lydia immediately answered the call. “Hello, Lydia. Are you alright? Sorry dear, I was quite busy with work. By the way, I am free tonight. Shall we meet?” Lydia was unable to say a word as Joseph keeps shooting out words without any pause. “I am fine. Feel like I wanted to see you and talk to you. Can we meet in Bukit Jalil Lake Garden?” Lydia suggested. “That’s shouldn’t be a problem. I will meet you there around 8pm.”

“I am sorry again, please forgive me. I knew I was late and kept you waiting. I’m sorry.” Joseph apologized to Lydia because he knew Lydia doesn’t like to wait. She is always punctual and expects the same in return from others as well. Surprisingly, today Lydia isn’t angry at all. She keeps smiling at Joseph. This made Joseph to wonder. “Let me guess, you got promoted, aren’t you?” Joseph was trying his luck on Lydia but she nodded her head to the left and right, showing her disagreement towards Joseph’s wild guess. Joseph still keeps guessing. “Your boss praised you! Or you got bonus, increment? What else could it be? Please Lydia, break the suspense!!” Lydia keeps smiling to him. She took out a letter and passed it over to him. “Read it” Lydia commands him gently. “And please save your comments first.” Joseph unfolded the letter and started to read the contents of it, line by line. He seems to be very focused to the words written in the light blue paper, a single piece torn from a notebook Joseph lifted up his face upon Lydia, but she was not around. Joseph stood up and shouted her name in amazement. Lydia was standing by the lake while looking at the fishes swimming in the pond just beside the lake. “Lydia, here you are, I was looking for you.” Joseph was relieved to see Lydia. “I heard you calling out my name but…..” Lydia paused. “But… what Lydia? Do you know how happy I am for you now after reading the letter? Actually this was what I wanted for so long. So are you serious about this?” questioned Joseph. Lydia walked away from him without saying a word. Just a big sigh. The silence of the night engrossed the entire lake. Joseph pulled few steps closer to Lydia and touched her shoulder. “Lydia, I knew its a very hard decision to make and I will be by your side always. It’s your future dear. Lydia, look at me…look at my eyes.” Joseph tried to convince her over the issue contents in the letter. It was a love letter. Suddenly, Lydia breaks the silence. “Joseph, I don’t think am ready for this now. I have a lot more things to do and achieve.” Lydia showed some resistance over the same issue. “Lydia, being in love is not an excuse for someone not to achieve their goals in life. You can still be successful if you have the determination.” Joseph tried to convince Lydia. Lydia turns around and holds Joseph hand and muttered into his ears, “I am scared of relationship and commitments.” Joseph just laughed over the statement and leads Lydia to the bench where they were sitting earlier. “Lydia, listen to me. Now tell me what your problem is?” Joseph lifted up Lydia’s face towards him. “I am scared of losing you.” Lydia voice filled with uncertainties and she couldn’t stop crying. It made Joseph to cry too. “Lydia, I love you too but life goes on right. Now stop crying and tell me what you know about Ridzuan.” Joseph asserts.

3 comments:

Chibi Neko said...

hi.. when will u publish ur chapter three? hehe just curious.. what actually the relationship between lydia and joseph? are they in love or what? what lydia means by saying she afraid of losing joseph and what joseph means by saying he love lydia?

LoveSeeker said...

Love can be seen in may views....joseph and Lydia are best friends....thanks for the comment...wait for a nother week for the third chapter which is more intriguing....

peko said...

hi...when will u publish ur chapter 3? u said "i plan to publish the chapters on weekly basis" but y still this week u never publish ur next chapter?so wat happend?u never done the chapter 3 or u dunno how to continue the next part?hehhehheh