Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sweet Sorrow - Chapter Four

Hi Guys, I have uploaded the chapter 4 as i have promised earlier....chapter 5 will be up after next week as i will be away for Deepali. Enjoy the novel and Happy Deepali to all Hindhu readers out there.

Chapter Four


“So this is your house. Hmm..Classic.You did this all by yourself?” Lydia was amazed over the interior design of Ridzuan’s house.

“What? The interior? Nope, I just painted the walls. Those are my favorite colors and I love uniqueness, that’s why I used mix colors.” Ridzuan explains while showing around the house.

“Do you know something….hey we forgotten to introduce ourselves. By the way, I’m Lydia.” The introduction follows a moment of laugh.

“Introduction should come first,but not for us, I’m Ridzuan. My height is 5 feet 11 and my weight is…..”

“Enough Ridzuan, stop it…hahaha” Lydia can’t stop laughing over his gimmicks. “Never ask my height and weight, age especially.” Lydia warned him and continues her laughing.

“Hey, come on, I’m a doctor so I can guess exactly what your number is…you want to try?” Ridzuan challenges Lydia. “If you are clever enough.” Lydia dares him.

“26?” he wild guessed.

“Oh my god!!” Lydia was shocked to death. “How?”

“Well,I just guessed it. Who told you a doctor can tell your age?” Ridzuan teased her again.

They both broke into laughness.

“Ouch!!” Ridzuan shouted when he was trying to pour the iced water for Lydia.

“Be careful. Why are you troubling yourself? Bring it here, let me help you.” Lydia showed her hospitality. “By the way, why you bought so much of stuff but you are all alone here? Are you stocking it?” Lydia asked out of curiosity.

Ridzuan then explains why.

“So you are good cook huh?” Again Lydia asked him.

“Nope, not really. I’m good at boiling water, boiling egg and heating food using microwave oven.” He answered her shamefully.

“Then how are you going to cook all this?” Lydia stood up from the couch and stared sharply at him.

Her eye balls were widely opened. Ridzuan moved down to the coffee table and took a recipe book and passed it over to Lydia.

“Recipe book? Ridzuan you must be kidding me, aren’t you?” Lydia was again shocked.

Ridzuan stood up from the couch too and headed to the kitchen. Lydia followed him. Ridzuan filled the kettle with filtered water before boiled. It is an electric kettle.

“Make yourself at home. Tea will be ready in a while.” Ridzuan took out the Lipton tea sachet from the container on the shelves of the kitchen cabinet.

“So this is how you make tea professionally? Impressive!!” Lydia smiled cynically at him while walking out of the kitchen.

“Is this your family?” Lydia is pointing to the big frame hanging on the wall in the main hall.

“Yup, that’s my happy family, both of them have settled in Australia.” Ridzuan answered her from the kitchen. “Tea is ready, come on, have them Lydia. Careful, its still hot.”

“Wow, it’s tasty. Thank you and sorry for the trouble. You are a good tea maker or should I say expert tea boy…hahaha”

“Thank you. Bachelor’s tea.”

“How many friends of you are coming over?” Lydia raised the question as she finished the tea.
“About 4 of them, 2 guys and 2 girls.”

“Would you mind if I cook for you today since you’ve hurt your fingers?” She offered sincerely.

“Off course….i mean..if I’m not troubling you….but with a condition.” Ridzuan was so happy with her offer as he will have the chance to taste her food.

“I have a condition too, before that, whats yours?”

“Your lunch is with me today.” He tries to persuade her.

“But…..alright..and I will prepare the food at my place and I will bring them over to yours later.” Lydia showed some hesitance to cook in his place because she is more comfortable in her own nest.

Ridzuan nodded and passes all the stuff to her and walk her to her apartment.

“You won’t invite me in, aren’t you?”

“Not now Ridzuan. It’s a big mess in here. There are clothes all over the place.” She refuses to let him in.

“Well its just clothes.” He tries harder to make her get him in.

“Ridzuan, its CLOTHES…understand me….hahaha…”

“Oops..now I understood. It’s okay I’ll make a move because I need to prepare the drinks. See you later Lydia.

Ridzuan left with a smile. Lydia closed the door and went right to the kitchen to prepare the food. Lydia is a good cook. She learned from her mother Lisa who used to own a food stall during Lydia’s childhood. Lisa too was a cook in Lydia’s former school.

“tok..tok..” Lydia knocked Ridzuan’s house door gently. “Yah, a minute please.” Ridzuan responded.

“Hi Lydia, yes.” “ The cooking is done Ridzuan, would mind if you could gimme a hand?” Lydia have completed the cooking and need Ridzuan to bring it over to his place.

“The aroma…it’s tempting!!” The aroma of the food filled the entire house of Lydia. “Come in Ridzuan” Lydia invited ridzuan with grace. “So you sure I can enter now…?” Questioned Ridzuan jokingly. “I have cleaned them up. You are free to come in.” Lydia leads Ridzuan to the kitchen where the food is. “Wow..it looks great. Smells great too. I am sure to eat more than usual today.” Ridzuan seems to be very excited and can’t wait to have a taste of the food. Lydia has stuffed all the food in few tupperwares so that it would be easier for Ridzuan to carry it up to his house. “You are not joining us for lunch?” Ridzuan asked doubtly. “Nope Ridzuan. Am afraid I can’t join you today, I have some other important thing to settle.” Lydia responded while handing over the tupperwares to Ridzuan. Ridzuan was puzzled but he nodded and walk towards the door. “Oh my god, I misplaced my mobile phone, do you mind if you miss call my phone so that I can trace it?”. Ridzuan purposely hid his phone between the cushion so that he could have her number pop up in his phone. Lydia quickly went into her room and missed call his mobile. “Whats your number?” Lydia asked with a loud voice from inside the room. Ridzuan replied gladly. He feels like jumping but apparently he can’t because he is still holding the food on his both hands. A very low density music was heard and it came from the cushion on which he sat before. “Here it is. Thank god. It was my dad’s gift to me.” Lydia smiled and led him to the door. “Better enjoy the food and make sure you finish it.” Lydia warned him gently. “Am gonna lick it clean….hahahaha.”They laughed loudly as Ridzuan walked towards the elevator. “Thank you so much Lydia. By the way….i owe you a lunch.” He waved towards her and went into the elevator.

1 comment:

Chibi Neko said...

escalator? or elevator? By the way, It's that all.. ur story just about one event.. speed up the event.. there's still unanswer question.